[manjaro-dev] where do we go from here?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 21:38:24 CET 2016

hi all
Now that I have sonar installed on my production machine, the dell
workstation, I can more easily contribute to both manjaro and sonar. To
cause an absolute minimum of problems, how should I go about
contributing to the sonar profiles? Phil seems to want me to keep my
additions to a minimum until the profiles are declared stable, at which
point control will pass to us, although of course you guys will still
have commit access, it's your repository not ours. If I understand
right, you want the basic images, gnome basic, mate basic, etc to be
testing images, not meant for release to sonar users, and that the full
images are  just the mate basic images with extra software. This makes a
lot of sense, and is a big weight off of me because all I'll have to
manage is mate full, with occasionally helping out the mate basic image
if I can easily solve a problem without breaking things. That brings up
another question. How do I handle commits now? The way I've been doing
it for years obviously isn't the way you guys like, should I commit to
my local copy, and when things work, submit a pull request for review?
If so, I withdraw all of my previous complaints about that, the hub tool
makes it much easier than I thought it was. Also, there is a very minor
issue in our mate gsettings overide file. I can fix it, but I don't want
to just commit a fix without letting you guys know. The error seems to
be "screen-reader-enable" instead of "screen-reader-enabled" in the key
org.mate.desktop.a11y.applications, and org.gnome.desktop.a11y. At least
I think those are the correct keys, I may have to go look them up. Other
thatn that mate basic works absolutely fine. I do wish the printer,
bluetooth, login manager, and ... I believe that's it, systemd services
were enabled but it's not a big deal at all.