[manjaro-dev] buildiso: very very slow or crashy when building sonar iso files

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:12:47 CEST 2016

hi
 I've just built a mate full image using my wife's toshiba laptop. It
took a while, but the image did boot successfully. However, the same
problem I reported earlier still seems to be there. There is no sonar or
manjaro user, so the display manager, lightdm in this case shows up but
I can't log in. Also, although lightdm is configured in the mate full
profile to start orca when it starts, orca doesn't start and it can't be
turned on with the f4 shortcut. Should I simply be patient and let you
guys work the kinks out of manjaro-tools? Because I can, no problem.
Sonar is supposed to be released some time next week but it won't be a
problem if it needs to be pushed back, especially if it's for the good
cause of bug fixes. Especially since the installer seems to be
accessible now. For reference, I'm using the latest available
manjaro-tools package group from the unstable repos, and I seem to
remember phil telling me that that was the version to use, since the git
version was focused on the new manjaro release, which is apparently
necessitating some profile changes ... the whole thing was a little over
my head.