[manjaro-dev] [Calamares] v2.4 released to unstable

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Wed Aug 24 22:09:34 CEST 2016

Hi team,

The focus of the Calamares 2.4 development cycle was fixing bugs and
polishing existing functionality, including locales management and
partitioning, but we’re also shipping an all-new package selection module.

Highlights of this release include:

- added support for reusing an existing /home partition if detected in
the /etc/fstab file of an already installed operating system;
- new netinstall module which offers a choice of packages to install;
- rewritten large portions of the locale module, with new locale and
timezone autodetection functionality and smarter management of
locale.conf values;
- added support for an already mounted loop filesystem as source for the
unpackfs operation;
- improved handling of partition colors in the partitioning interface
when operating on logical partitions;
- fixed a user name validation issue which could in some specific
situations cause a failed installation;
- improved defaults in several configuration files;
- improved bootloader deployment on EFI systems with an existing EFI
system partition;
- countless other bug fixes.

We recommend to use manjaro-tools 0.12.4 with manjaro-live 20160731 in
combination. Matching ISO-Profils you may find in our 16.08-preX branch.
Master is not recommend to use with the 'calamares' packages. Therefore
only the 'calamares-dev' package works.

kind regards
Philip Müller and the Development team