[manjaro-dev] help reporting a kernel bug badly needed

Bernhard Landauer oberon at manjaro.org
Mon Aug 22 13:39:23 CEST 2016

Hi Kendell.

Since that laptop in question is rather old it might have problems with
latest kernels. That's the reason why Manjaro offers the choice of older
ones. Also it is possible that the computer needs a BIOS update.
In any case, once you have install Manjaro, try changing the kernel with
**manjaro-settings-manager** to a older one. Maybe **linux44** will be
fine already, or try 41 or even 318. You can also do that easily in the
terminal with **mhwd-kernel**.

In general at the moment it is recommended to use 44 as the newest LTS
kernel. The next one has been announced to be **linux49** which is not
even available, yet, of course ;)

Just remember: The kernel setting for you ISOs is now in your
**manjaro-tools.conf**, not in the **profile.conf**, as it used to be in
earlier versions of **manjaro-tools**.

kind regards
Bernhard