[manjaro-dev] thus is gone, help needed

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 11:09:41 CEST 2016

hi
I've just noticed that most of the files I put in our shared/root
overlay are gone. Are they maybe in another repository? I've been
flaking a lot over the past week but I'm trying to get back into
developing sonar after taking a couple of days off. Also, I've figured
out a fix for pulse audio which should improve sound when sonar is run
in a vm, allow console speech to work and also keep our setting to allow
newly plugged in devices to switch over automatically. Would someone
mind writing a script which generates a pulse audio config named
'default.pa' and places it in ~/.config/pulse when the live system is
booted? I don't know a thing about sed or I'd try this myself? It should
have the following lines in it.

.include /etc/pulse/default.pa #this includes the system pulse
configuration file.
#switch to newly plugged in sound hardware
load-module module-switch-on-connect
#enable console screen readers
load-module module-native-protocol-unix auth-anonymous=1
socket=/tmp/pulse.sock

If the file is generated on boot I won't have to create a skel folder
and place that file there. I assume my root overlay was deleted to try
to de-clutter up our profiles, which I completely understand. The reason
I'm asking it to go into the user config folder for pulse instead of the
system wide one is because if it's placed in the system wide pulse
config file, pulse breaks. I'm not at all sure why, but if it's placed
in the ~/.config/pulse folder it works fine.