[manjaro-dev] enabling aur searching in pamac by default

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Jul 30 15:54:59 CEST 2016

On 30/07/16 14:42, kendell clark wrote:
> I've been wondering how to enable pamac to search the aur by default >
so I can add this to sonar?

I'd recommend against enabling the AUR by default. This was the previous
default until we took the decision to disable AUR search by default as,
for example, AUR packages aren't officially part of Manjaro (or Arch for
that matter). This moves the AUR into the "advanced users" camp, which
is where it should be, meaning anyone who enables it should be aware of
what it means.

Jonathon