[manjaro-dev] any plymouth experts hear?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:02:59 CEST 2016

hi all
For this next version of sonar, not the one just released but the one
after it, I was planning to enhance our plymouth theme. There's nothing
wrong with our current one at all, but I was wanting to make it look
more polished. I was thinking of moving the text that reads "sonar" to
the bottom of the screen, and have an image of the eight braille keys
gradually fade in above it.  It's an immitation of the windows 7 boot
prompt, but of course not having microsoft or windows there. I like the
idea of that prompt but I want our own stuff in it. If that makes any
sense. I don't have an image off hand, but I could probably find one.
Does anyone know if you could legally take an image of one of the note
takers, say the braille note mPower, and cut out all but the keys out of
it and use it? I'm no expert on image manipulation but I don't know any
other way to get what I want. Don't worry about jumping to do this
either, we have months of time so no rush at all. I'm just wondering if
there is anyone hear who knows anything about plymouth themes and how to
write them.