[manjaro-dev] serious gsettings issues in our gnome edition

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 11:49:34 CEST 2016

hi all
I'm all set to release the stable sonar edition, 16.07. Mate is ready
for release. However, there are problems with our gnome edition I don't
know how to solve and I'm pretty sure they're down to our gsettings
override file. The problems are:
1: Gnome does not start with orca speaking.
2: the keyboard shortcuts, although set correctly, don't seem to work.
I've verified that they're set correctly by going into the keyboard
settings. The universal access shortcuts are shown as "disabled", which
means the gsettings keys aren't set properly for those, but the volume
down, up and mute shortcuts show as set properly, but the keys set for
them don't work.
3: Gnome isn't using our custom sonar sound theme. It's set to in
gsettings, but sounds seem to be turned off altogether. I've been
working on this for days, and I can't figure out what the problem is.
The gsettings keys are right, I'd swear to it. But the bugs persist.
I've even set the settings in a live sonar image and then dumped the
gsettings database to make sure. They're those relocatable keys which
are the hardest to deal with. Would someone who knows more than I do
mind helping me? I'm stumped. I can't release gnome until these problems
get fixed.