[manjaro-dev] calamares, what to do?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:42:39 CEST 2016

hi
Got it. Filing a bug now. Do you want me to limit my report to
calamares? The reason I ask is because I think part of the reason
calamares is inaccessible is because of a bug unrelated to calamares,
and that is apps being run as root are not able to get access to the
accessibility stack and thus are not accessible. But running calamares
through policy kit should fix that, I think, because if I'm right,
calamares is run as the user who's logged in, right? Note that this only
affects desktops other than gnome shell. Somehow, gnome shell is able to
get around this, probably by running everything through policy kit,
which is what calamares does. Would you guys, meaning you teo, phil,
bernhard, and anyone else who gets this be willing to work with me to
get the apps being run as root bug fixed? Normally I wouldn't ask this
but this would fix a ton of apps, and you guys know more about how
accessibility works in linux than I do. I have only the most basic
knowledge, and even it has gaps.