[manjaro-dev] I'm back, and a couple of questions

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri May 6 12:14:00 CEST 2016

hi all
My grandfather died last thursday, so I've been dealing with a lot of
family drama. The funeral was this monday and I've just now caught up on
all of my messages. I've now got all my free time back so can continue
making new packages for manjaro and keeping up to date on the ones I
help with, like the tintin alteraeon sound pack. I had a couple of
questions though. How would I go about staying up to date on the various
packages I have for manjaro? I know how to stay up to date on the tintin
sound pack and espeak ng, because I'm on the mailing list for espeak and
I'm on alter aeon all the time so get info about updates. I've just
packaged telegram-purple, a package that adds support for the telegram
protocol to pidgin. I added it to community  because a lot of people use
telegram, a lot of our sonar users, so I thought it would be a good idea
to make it available on the sonar image by default. I don't know if
telegram-purple has a mailing list or not, but I can try to find out.
Would it be possible for me to get an @manjaro.org email address I can
use for all of these package lists so I'm not flooding my personal inbox
with even more mail? I get about 200 messages a day on my coffeekingms
account, and that's about as much as I can go through at one time lol.
If this is possible, I'll make sure to subscribe to only package mailing
lists using that address, all my other mailing lists will be going to
this address. I hope I didn't step on anyone by uploading the telegram
package, since it is installable via the aur. In my experience trying to
explain to people how to install from the aur goes well, but I added it
mainly for the convenience of our users, so they'd have a complete list
of popular protocols in pidgin out of the box.