[manjaro-dev] do I need permission before adding packages to the repositories?

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:38:27 CEST 2016

On 20/04/16 12:09, kendell clark wrote:
> hi all
> One last question about packaging. I was going to add the caja-dropbox
> package, since it's missing from the community repo and some of my users
> use dropbox. Do I need permission from other devs or from phil before I
> can add packages? I know I can push directly to the repository, but I
> want to make sure everyone knows I'm adding stuff. I don't just want to
> add packages whenever I want and then find out it was a package people
> didn't want in the repository. Thoughts?
> Thanks
> Kendell Clark

Hi Kendell,

There's no explicit restrictions on what you can push to unstable's
community repo so long as you're going to maintain and update the
package, but as a general rule we try to avoid adding packages if
they're easily and quickly installable from AUR and not required to
build any ISO.

--
Regards,

Rob McCathie