[manjaro-dev] a problem with our sonar mate settings package

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:21:26 CEST 2016

hi all
I've been getting a lot of bug reports on the sonar list. Apparently
when new sonar mate packages are coming out the graphical package
manager, pamac, can't update it because of file conflicts.
/etc/skel/Desktop/pamac-updater.desktop is causing the graphical
software manager to fail. I'm not sure what to do about this. Would it
be possible to modify pamac to update despite file conflicts if the file
hasn't been changed by the user? That sounds like a fairly simple fix,
but I'm no programmer lol. Bernhard, would you mind looking into the
sonar mate settings issue? I've tried a few things, but I'm not sure how
to fix file conflicts. I hope I'm not piling too much on your plate,
since I'm a packager now I'm trying my best not to pile too much onto
people, since I have a bad habbit of doing that lol.