[manjaro-dev] zfs support?

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Feb 27 08:27:00 CET 2016

Am 27.02.2016 um 01:25 schrieb kendell clark:
> hi
> This makes my brain ache. This is flatly the most ridiculous thing I
> have ever read. I'm going to get a ton of flack over this, especially
> from windows users moving to sonar assuming any do, but what the hell.
> I'll turn zfs support off. But I'm not happy.

It is an ongoing issue. There are law issues even with vmware and other
things. However the company Oracle used a license not fully compatible
with GPLv2. As of now the heat is really on that matter. Antergos
enabled zfs support and they are in the news. We can see what will
happen there.

However you can write a documentation for users who want to spin their
own private ISOs on how to turn on zfs.