[manjaro-dev] another issue with samba in sonar profiles

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:31:46 CET 2016

hi all
I've been struggling with one last issue with samba in sonar's gnome and
mate profiles, although this one isn't with the package. I've configured
our images to allow usershares, which meant I had to modify the
/etc/samba/smb.conf file. When I was done I placed them into the gnome
and mate overlays, and committed the changes, along with a skeleton
/var/lib/samba/usershares folder. When attempting to use it, I get an
error about loading services with this exact error. Ignoring invalid
security parameter share. I've commented that out in the config file,
which means the packaged samba config file is either overriding or being
used instead of my custom file. I'm not sure what to do about this.
Should I also put a copy in the root overlay as well?