[manjaro-dev] built sonar images don't speak

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 14:46:56 CET 2016

hi all
I'm not sure what might have changed in the sonar profiles, but  neither
the gnome or mate images come up talking. I've checked and the
accessibility appears to be enabled in the gsettings schemas for both
gnome and mate, so I'm stumped. I've done some basic troubleshooting,
like running "espeak hi" in a terminal, to make sure sound isn't muted,
it wasn't. I've also tried killing orca and speech-dispatcher, then
running orca --replace, which will usually bring orca back if it has
frozen. That didn't work either. This is the only problem preventing me
from releasing new sonar images. Would anyone mind looking into this? I
hate to ask for so much help, but without the speech there's not much I
can do on a live image.