[manjaro-dev] Behaviour of 'manjaro-system'

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sun Jan 24 10:17:51 CET 2016

With each release of 'manjaro-system' we added cmds for each change with
timestamps. Each modification or patch will be performed in the correct
order.

So it doesn't matter if you "skip" some updates. The system should work
correctly. You can test this in VirtualBox by installing an older
version and perform an upate.

However, if the version is way old some caveats might happen. We always
suggest to use pacman for these updates and reading the console output
before restarting the system.