[manjaro-dev] new sonar desktop settings update needed

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:59:00 CET 2016

hi all
I'm just about to release new sonar images. The copy of sonar-gnome and
sonar-mate-settings in the repositories still has the thus desktop icon.
I'm wanting to switch over to calamares so I can test and make sure it's
accessible. I've already switched the desktop file in desktop-settings
to use calamares. Which brings up another ... I'm not sure if it's an
issue or not. The calamares.desktop's exec line reads, sudo
/usr/bin/calamares. When pressing enter on this desktop icon, calamares
never launches. I'm presuming that's because sudo is prompting for a
password but there's nowhere to enter it. Is there a way to launch it
through policy kit? I've tried both pkexec and gksudo, but something
with the accessibility stack prevents orca from reading the window that
pops up. but if it's launched via sudo, orca reads it. I'm just not sure
how to launch it via the icon without the user having to enter in the
password.
Thoughts?
Kendell clark