[manjaro-dev] Update on Manjaro-arm and help with boxit

dodgejcr dodgejcr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 06:16:16 CET 2016

Kendell,

Im glad you are excited, frankly I am as well. I am not a part of the
Manjaro team so I can not speak of the progress or future plans of it.
My hope is, to get a good sturdy base going for the Manjaro team to
'adopt' and turn into an official Manjaro project. In the mean time, I
and another Manjaro user, Torei, was just talking in IRC one day about
having these devices (Raspberry Pi) and how nice it would be to have
Manjaro running on them.

We both have a pretty good understanding of Linux and spend a lot of
time in IRC helping newer people learn how to do things and fix some of
the simple things that can go wrong when tinkering with the system. We
feel that people who want to do some projects with ARM boards but do
not have the knowledge to run install and configure Linux properly,
should have an opportunity to benifit from the awewome thing that is
Manjaro.

Our hope is to keep in alignment with the original Manjaro mindset and
make things easy for people to install, configure, and use so hopefully
if we keep things as close as we can to that; Manjaro can easily adopt
that project into creation at a much higher level of use.

I think your idea of using a Manjaro-Arm (thus Sonar) as a way to
provide computer use for those in need is a wonderful idea. I have a
deaf daughter and am currently researching how to incoorperate computer
use (including music and other audio) into her brand new cochlear
implants. But the blind need it more and helping with that would be
awesome. While we arent fully ready for anything at the moment, if you
want to play around with what I have and adopt it early to your uses,
join us in #manjaro-arm on freenode. I would be glad to share
everything I have done and help you get the packages you need to move
your project forward.

Thanks
--dodge