[manjaro-dev] Some want to build Manjaro-arm

dodgejcr dodgejcr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 23:21:35 CET 2016

Yes, Torei and I have been discussing starting Manjaro-arm.

It is just us right now as we really have nothing done yet. Our plan is
to get a decently working stable base (kernel and basic packages to
have a working system) and begin working on porting mhwd.

At the moment, We both plan on building packages and I have already set
up a repo for updates. Until we get everything working, it will mainly
be just a project for us.

Our final hope is to have Manjaro officially keep armv7 (v8) packages
in the same way they are kept for their x86 or x86_64 counterparts
(built and added to manjaro repos) and a community edition of manjaro-
arm. If things go well at that point, perhaps an official manjaro-arm
release. I have no expectation of anything at this point, we are just
wanting to run manjaro on our Raspberry Pi 2s. And possibly other
boards as we gain testers.

I created freenode channel #manjaro-arm in order to provide us a more
on-topic solution for our purposes. It is marked unofficial and as of
now, has no affiliation with Manjaro. Torei and I do not want to flood
the channel that we often provide support for users in by stuff that we
are doing on the side.

I am uncertain of all the details in our process or plan however, I
feel confident that we will boot at least a base version of manjaro
soon. Any help from the manjaro developers or maintainers would be a
huge plus, even if it is tips or guidance.

Thanks
--dodge