[manjaro-dev] mac support?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:48:50 CET 2015

hi all
I've been having lots of prospective sonar and manjaro users wanting to
switch over, or at least to try linux, only to run into a problem. Their
mac refuses to boot sonar. The problem seems to be that the mac is
checking for something in our images and, not finding it, reports an
error of "checksum mismatch" and won't boot They've verified that the
sha512 sums do indeed match, so that's not it.  I've been looking all
around the web and haven't really found much relevant. I thought we
could do something similar to what fedora images do. That is, they
create an hfsplus partition at the end of the iso with a fake mock
kernel that points to grub, making the mac think it's booting OSX. I
don't know the exact details of how this works yet I've contacted the
fedora mailing list. Would anyone be interested in building this into
the build scripts at some point? I do not own a mac, so know little
about them. I do know that I've rarely had a more difficult machine than
some of these people's mac. The more and more things I come up for them
to try, the more and more frustrated they get until that inevitable,
linux sucks, moment. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Kendell clark