[manjaro-dev] Plymouth 0.8.9 issue

Eugen F eugen.fomin at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:43:51 CEST 2015

I just tested the packages from AUR (both *0.9.2*):
*plymouth*: doesn't work at all, password entry not possible.
*plymouth-git*: no problems while entering password and booting.

I used a clean VM while testing, installing from
*manjaro-xfce-15.09-x86_64.iso,* then updating all packages.
This time I did the default setup with LUKS *+ LVM* (my stable VM uses only
LUKS) and after rebooting it wasn't possible to boot with splash at all.
While it was possible to boot sometimes after several tries on the stable
system, it responded with "Enter passphrase" everytime now.
So Plymouth 0.8.9 seems to work even worse with encrypted LVM than just
with LUKS. After switching to *plymouth-git* the system then booted as
expected again.