[manjaro-dev] Fwd: CUPS

klesk klesk at manjaro.org
Mon Feb 23 13:04:01 CET 2015

Hi,

there are already serveral threads in the forum about this behaviour.

See;

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=19502.msg176934#msg176934

and

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=18607.msg179272#msg179272

The Solution for this which works is;

sudo systemctl stop org.cups.cupsd.service
sudo systemctl disable org.cups.cupsd.service
sudo pacman -Rsn manjaro-printer
( if you have hplip installed you have to reinstall it, because it will
be removed with the manjaro-printer package)

Now change the /etc/cups/client.conf to this;

# see 'man client.conf'
#ServerName /run/cups/cups.sock #  alternative: ServerName hostname-or-ip-address[:port] of a remote server
ServerName localhost:631

(pretend from high cpu load)
and then go on with;

sudo pacman -S cups cups-pdf cups-pk-helper
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
sudo systemctl enableorg.cups.cupsd.service
sudo systemctl start org.cups.cupsd.service