[manjaro-dev] [Manjaro Linux Support] Won't boot after update

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Sep 27 09:52:48 CEST 2014

Hi Neil,

thx for reporting this issue to us. As we are working on several
branches to make the update as smooth as possible I need to know which
packages got updated and which branch you're using?

Our current update in stable can be found here:

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=16475.0

This one was released on the 2014-09-16 by Rob. You can use this thread
to complain about issues.

In testing branch we have followed update-pack in testing:

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=16695.0

... which will be soon replaced by Update-Pack 11-rc1:

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=16747.0

With Update-Pack 11 we will change to Xorg-Server 1.16 series and also
ship a new Catalyst driver. This driver was tested and works with these
changes.

To help you out I need to know which Catalyst driver you're complaining
about. You can send me your /var/log/pacman.log, /var/log/pamac.log and
any other log which might help me and my team to find your problem.

Also our wiki is great for standard issues:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Repositories_and_Servers
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Pacman
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Graphical_Software_Managers
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro_Settings_Manager
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro_Hardware_Detection

We are all trying to help here. For instant help you can use our IRC
channels:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro_IRC

Lot of users are there to help. Sometimes you find also some of our
support staff there.

It would help us also if you post some of your hardware details using
mhwd in a terminal:

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=7176.0

We are also still working on a proper AMD support:

https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=1444.0

... but this needs time and users who want to get dirty and help us as
we mostly use Nvidia hardware at our development team.

I hope this helps you a little to solve your problem.

kind regards
Philip Müller
Manjaro Project-Lead