[manjaro-dev] Fwd: New Personal Message: Kernels

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Aug 23 16:51:45 CEST 2014

I just got an PM by CyberWolf2k14 regarding on kernels. linux311 will have at least one more kernel-point-release as this one is already in cue. What ever happend with kernels higher than 3.12.20 I don't know. This message is not so helpful and we need more details on it. However, it seems my work with multible kernels helps users to run even Manjaro.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

I am truly saddened that the 3.11.x line is going away.
As I just recently found Manjaro and installed the Xfce edition, and when installed it had the 3.12.20 kernel which worked on my machine, but the update pack 6 update killed it when the kernel went to 3.12.26. I know, such a small change in version and boom.
So I ended up having no choice but to go back to 3.11.10, which works like a champ, in fact on my machine boot up was about 2X faster.

IF interested, you can find out some of my trials and tribulations with the kernel here:
https://forum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=15890.0

Hopefully I can somehow keep using this kernel as it is the ONLY way to keep using Manjaro for me. I have tried several distros recently (before Manjaro) and EVERY one with a kernel newer than say 3.12.20 will NOT run.EVER.

Thanks.

P.S. Now I have Manjaro running fairly well, I must say...I LIKE.