[manjaro-dev] Bumblebee/bbswitch filesystem corruption

Sean V Kelley seanvk at posteo.de
Fri Jan 3 17:11:01 CET 2014

I recently got a Thinkpad T440p and started noticing serious file system corruption
on installs of Manjaro Linux that coincided with the presence of bumblebee
in the default install.  It happens right away and it appears I am not the only one
seeing that issue with Bumblebee.  The issue is being tracked here:

https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/bbswitch/issues/78

So I tested with a from scratch Arch install without bumblebee and saw no issues.
I enabled bumblebee and got the same results as the above bug reports.  I likewise
have no issues with Fedora 20 which likewise leaves out bumblebee in the
default install.

At this point it is extremely isolated to the new thinkpads, but wanted to
make you aware that I am seeing the issue in Manjaro installs.

Thanks,

Sean