[manjaro-general] Printer installed from the AUR issues

Arlequín arle at vera.com.uy
Fri Nov 26 19:53:17 CET 2021

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Lourens" <lourens at runningwolf.co.za>
> Para: manjaro-general at manjaro.org
> Enviados: Lunes, 13 de Septiembre 2021 8:32:35
> Asunto: [manjaro-general] Printer installed from the AUR issues
>
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I purchased a Brother HL-L5200DW mono laser printer for use on my wife's
> Manjaro KDE 21.1.2 installation
> after seeing a driver for it on the AUR.
>
> The driver brother-hll5200dw-cups-bin 3.5.1-1 was installed without errors
> using pamac
> and the pacmac GUI confirms that it is installed.
>
> The printer is attached via USB.
> dmesg shows the correct model and that it is attaced to USB.
> CUPS via localhost:631 shows the correct printer on USB but does not list the
> driver that was installed via pamac ?

Lourens

Please firew up a terminal and note the output of the folliwing command:

    $ pacman -Ql |grep ppd

If you get at least one file, I suggest you to access the adminsitrative CUPS web interface through https://localhost:631/ and then deinstall the current printer.
Then install it againt as a local USB printer. When asking you about the printer driver, browser for a local file and select the file listed in the step above.

Confirm the creation of the printer and follow the steps to print a test page.

Post back.

> The printer is currently running using another Brother driver but this driver
> does not support all the printer features.
>
> Any pointers to resolving this will be gratefully accepted.
>
> Thank you.

Regards,

--
Arlequín