[manjaro-general] Printer installed from the AUR issues

Lourens lourens at runningwolf.co.za
Mon Sep 13 13:32:35 CEST 2021

*Hi Everybody,*
*
*I purchased a  Brother HL-L5200DW mono laser printer ***for use on my
wife's Manjaro KDE 21.1.2 installation
*after seeing a driver for it on the AUR.*
*
*
*The driver  brother-hll5200dw-cups-bin 3.5.1-1 was installed without
errors using pamac
and the pacmac GUI confirms that it is installed.*
*
*
*The printer is attached via USB.
dmesg shows the correct model and that it is attaced to USB.*
*CUPS via localhost:631 shows the correct printer on USB but does not
list the driver that was installed via pamac ?
*
**
*The printer is currently running using another Brother driver but this
driver does not support all the printer features.*
*
*
*Any pointers to resolving this will be gratefully accepted.
*
*
Thank you.
*