[manjaro-general] Printer driver installed from AUR, not found

Lourens lourens at runningwolf.co.za
Tue Jul 6 15:25:56 CEST 2021

Hi,

This is the first time that I am attempting to install from the AUR to
my wife's machine that is running
Manjaro 21.0.7 with Plasma and am puzzled.

I am installing a new printer that I purchased after locating the driver
on the AUR :
brother-hll5200dw-cups-bin     3.5.1-1     CUPS wrapper for Brother
HL-L5200DW printer
brother-hll5200dw-lpr-bin        3.5.1-1     LPR driver for Brother
HL-L5200DW printer

As root I did a "pamac build" on each of these and "pamac search
brother" lists them as [Installed].

Using "localhost:631" I am able to see the correct printer but do not
have the driver that I installed listed?
*
*
Any assistance will be appreciated*
*