[manjaro-general] Bug in Manjaro Arm with Sway Image

Macoy Madson macoy at macoy.me
Tue Jun 29 17:11:07 CEST 2021

Hi,

I believe I discovered a bug with the default Manjaro Arm with Sway image. I downloaded the distro image via Raspberry Pi Imager (https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/).

The bug manifests with booting stopping at black screen with a blinking underscore. Upon switching to a tty and logging in with root, I see in journalctl -xb that greetd is crashing with a stack overflow over and over.

I opened my /etc/greetd/config.toml and noticed that the oem section has a missing double-quote for the default command to run (which in my case, runs sway). Adding the quote fixes the issue and allows me to properly configure and run Manjaro Arm.

I'll open a bug on greetd to make it more robust to malformed configuration files.

Thanks,
Macoy Madson