[manjaro-general] Lenovo X1 Carbon Extreme (Gen 2)

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Mon Jul 27 22:03:47 CEST 2020

Hi-

I just installed Manjaro on this laptop (Lenovo X1 Carbon Extreme - Gen 2) and wanted to find out from anyone else running Manjaro on this:

* how is power management working for you?  Did you have to tweak anything?  I ask because my fans will occasionally turn on when the lid is closed (the laptop should be in 'sleep' mode then
* how have you found the battery life to be?  Any tweaks needed to extend or are the default setting sufficient.
* fingerprint reader with SDDM?

I found the Arch wiki page here[1] and will try some of this, but for things like graphics, I didn't know how much Manjaro did out of the box vs. vanilla Arch.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Extreme_(Gen_2)

Thanks!

--
  Trey Sizemore