[manjaro-general] Free open-source ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors: Compile from source code for Manjaro repository

Kseniya Fedoruk kseniya.fedoruk at onlyoffice.com
Tue May 19 14:02:05 CEST 2020

Hi
,

I'm
Kseniya
 from
ONLYOFFICE
. We are developing
 open-source office applications, including the
absolutely
free ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors
that provide alternatives to MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint distributed under GNU AGPL v3.0.

Currently, users can install
 the suite on various Linux
distros
from
deb, rpm, Snap, Flatpak, and AppImage.
 We often receive requests for the native support. Therefore, we’ve decided to contact you to ask about a possible integration of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors intoManjaro.

With the latest version we also
released the build tools that allow
compiling ONLYOFFICE
Desktop Editors
 from source code
. Here
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/desktop/documents/linux/compile-desktop.aspx
 you will find an example of compiling the source code for
Ubuntu
14.04
. You can adapt this instruction and compile the source code for any Linux OS.

Why users choose ONLYOFFICE desktop app?

1 pack - 3 editors
.
 Users can
view
, create and edit text documents, spreadsheets and presentations of any size and complexity
.

igh compatibility with
Office Open XML
.
OOXML
 is used as a core format which guarantees
highest
compatibility with
DOCX,
XLSX,
and PPTX
.
 Other popular formats such as
ODF,
CSV,
PDF,
RTF
, TXT, etc.
are also
supported
.

Quick c
onnection to the cloud
.
 Users are able to connect the editors to the cloud of their choice (
ONLYOFFICE cloud, Nextcloud, ownCloud) and
collaborate on docs using
real-time and paragraph-locking co-editing modes
, track changes, comments, built-in chat
.

Familiar
 intuitive interface
.*
ONLYOFFICE has familiar interface with tools grouped into tabs.
Users can work with several
 files within one and the same window
 switching between them, as well as
drag-and-drop
documents
open them
in separate windows.

*
available in 11 languages: English, French, German,
Italian
, Spanish,
Russian,
Czech,
Slovak
,
Polish,
Portuguese - Brazilian,
Chinese - Simplified
.

Rich functionality.
Full set of editing and formatting tools, macros,
implementing
extra functionality
 with the pre-installed
plugins, e.g. Highlight code, Translator, Thesaurus, a plugin
that allows sending docs as mail attachments right from the editor, etc.
 Open API allows creating and adding own plugins.

So,
will
you be interested in
 adding
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors to theManjaro
system
so that lots of users get one more
office suite
option
highly compatible
with
OOXML formats and giving access to cloud collaboration?

Useful links for you:

-
Official project page:
https://www.onlyoffice.com/desktop.aspx

-
GitHub:
https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/DesktopEditors

Please feel free to contact me if you need any further info.
I would be really glad to get your feedback! Thanks!

Best regards,

Kseniya Fedoruk

Marketing Communications Manager

ONLYOFFICE Team