[manjaro-general] Installing AMD Catalyst

dazs at gmx.net dazs at gmx.net
Thu Jul 4 14:10:57 CEST 2019

I'm not an expert, so please someone correct me if I'm wrong:

The AMD Catalyst driver (fglrx) is highly deprecated and does not work
with newer versions of xorg.
There are the open source drivers radeon[1] for pre-GCN cards and
AMDGPU[2] with Vulkan support for GCN cards (GCN 1 is experimental but
working fine in my experience). AMDGPU PRO is the new proprietary
driver, but only for newer cards and should only interest you, if you
need a very specific feature.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU