[manjaro-general] Fwd: How well things are tested? How confident that there will be no any serious issues?

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sun Oct 21 23:38:32 CEST 2018

Betreff: 	How well things are tested? How confident that there will be
no any serious issues?
Datum: 	Sun, 21 Oct 2018 07:08:10 +0530
Von: 	Kaushalya Pradeep <ag.kaushalya.p at gmail.com>
An: 	support at manjaro.org

Hello Majaro Team,

                   First you guys are actually doing great work with
Manjaro.

I am long term Linux user and a developer, Currently I am using Linux
mint, I am hoping to move to Manjaro. Once I tried it on my laptop, it
have great sound quality for my laptop which is not the case in Linux
Mint, I am hoping to move to Manjaro for full time, but I am having
doubt that things will the thing will break due to rolling release? It
is okay to have minor issues at application level, but not on the kernel
level (ex: where users wont be able to login) Since fixing issues on
update damages developer productivity? I want to know how confident(how
well tested) that things will work without any serious issues when a
update was pushed to users?
I have already read things on the forum, I want to know things from the
team itself.

--

Best Regards,
Kaushalya.