[manjaro-general] Introducing Manjaro-32, a 32bit Community Linux Distro

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Nov 15 12:58:15 CET 2017

Hi Community,

from today on we have removed Manjaro for 32-bit as you may know it. Couple of days we already had removed links to our 32-bit ISOs for given reasons.

![][1]

This includes all any-packages and i686-packages of Manjaro based on Archlinux. So this area is gone for good now. We did [polls about dropping 32-bit for good][2]. The community and our development team both agreed to axe it for good. However, some of you have still some reasons to hang on to that architecture.

Myself not being a _throw away and all is good_-guy I thought about it a lot. [Archlinux32][3] is a small project, as they only started couple of months ago. So in the end, we decided to start a new community project called [Manjaro-32][4] based on that Distro. Optimizing our tools gave us the opportunity, not to only syncing from Archlinux, but also on the same infrastructure from Archlinux32.

So read more about it in our [forums][5] and if you love this new project, don't hesitate to join it.

Best, Philip and Jonathon.

[Tweet][6]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/manjaro-32.png
   [2]: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/testing-update-2017-11-09-kernels-pamac-pacman-mirrors-end-of-i686/34441