[manjaro-general] Virtualbox "cloud" (was: [Stable Update] 2017-10-26 ...)

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Tue Oct 31 22:39:06 CET 2017

On 30/10/17 03:24, Evel Liu wrote:
>  [Virtualbox][2] offers now to share your VMs in the cloud.
>
> -- Does it means I can build the VM of windows XP/Win7 directly under
> newer manjaro ENV?

I think what it really pertains to is exporting Virtualbox appliances as
OCI container images, so you can easily import them into Oracle Cloud [1]:

> VM export to Oracle Cloud (OPC)

The export format might work for other container runtimes too [2],
assuming it's not just Oracle claiming an acronym...

[1] https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
[2] https://www.opencontainers.org/