[manjaro-general] Manjaro 17.0.3 released (G, K, X)
Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller
jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Sep 3 09:06:39 CEST 2017
Manjaro Gellivara was a great release! Now we are proud to announce **v17.0.3**, our final release of Gellivara. It took us a little over two months to finish this updated version. We improved our **hardware detection**, fixed some features in our **installer** (Calamares), added the latest packages available to our install media and polished our release as a whole. Everyone, who used older install media than v17.0.2 release, should read also [this announcement about password weakness] and follow its advice to secure your systems.
Also, **Gellivara** is the last edition of Manjaro Linux supporting 32bit Architecture. Read more about this decision [here].
Features of this updated release **Gellivara**:
* Latest LTS kernel from linux49 series
* Latest Xorg-Stack from v1.19 series
* Latest Plasma5, Apps and Framework and QT
* Updates to our graphical package managers
* Enhancements and Improvements to our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
* MHWD adopted a more efficient way to handle libglx binaries
* Updated and new designed themes and styles
* Updates on Calamares (see [changelog])
We hope you enjoy this release and let us know what you think of Gellivara.
kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
* * *
* [Download Manjaro v17.0.3]
* [Talk about this release in our forum]
* [We are always happy for some support via a small donation]
More information about the manjaro-general