[manjaro-general] [Maintenance] 2017-09-02 – Phasing out i686 support

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Sep 2 11:40:24 CEST 2017

[![system_software_update][1]][2]Hi community,

Due to the decreasing popularity of i686 among the developers and the community, we have decided to phase out the support of this architecture.

The decision means that **v17.0.3 ISO** will be the last that allows to install 32 bit Manjaro Linux. September and October will be our deprecation period, during which i686 will be still receiving upgraded packages. Starting from November 2017, packaging will no longer require that from maintainers, effectively making i686 unsupported.

kind regards

Philip Müller
_Manjaro Project Lead_

* * *