[manjaro-general] Manjaro-Architect ISO 17.0.2

Manjaro Linux: Bernhard Landauer jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Jun 28 20:29:33 CEST 2017

[![][1]][2]

With the **Manjaro-Architect ISO** we now offer an additional alternative install media, featuring the console-based net-installer **Manjaro-Architect v0.8.13**.

Originally a private experiment of team member** @Chrysostomus**, this project started out as a fork of the Archlinux installer **Architect**, with the focus on some rather advanced and exotic cases of installation that would not be met by our regular ISOs.
But soon the endevour found a lot of attention in the Manjaro community and with joined efforts and intense development for more than six months the new terminal-installer has grown to a powerful tool for advanced and intermediate users, gaining more and more popularity.

[![][3]][4]

**What is this?**

The Manjaro-Architect ISO is a small download of less than 500MB and comes without a graphical environment but uses a Terminal User Interface to download and install all the necessary and desired packages to the target in their latest available versions, which seems ideal for a rolling release distribution.

Also this kind of installation offers practically unlimited flexibility: It can either reproduce any of Manjaro's available official or Community supported editions, or the installer can be used to setup a custom system, individually configured by choosing any Desktop Environment or Window Manager. The preferred kernels and drivers can be selected manually or alternatively **Manjaro Hardware Detection** is availble for automatic driver installation.
Manjaro-Architect supports init systems **systemd** or **openrc**, **disk encryption** and a variety of filesystems, including **LVM** and **btrfs**.

A **tutorial** for installation with Manjaro-Architect can be found on our [Forum][5]

kind regards, Bernhard Landauer and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

**Links**

  * [Download][6]
  * [Manjaro-Architect Tutorial][5]
  * [We are always happy for some support via a small donation][7]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/architect-17.0.2.png
   [2]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/architect-17.0.2.png (Manjaro-Architect ISO 17.0.2)
   [3]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/architect-0.8.13.png
   [4]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/architect-0.8.13.png (Manjaro-Architect ISO 17.0.2)