[manjaro-general] Manjaro 17.0.2 released (G, K, X)

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Mon Jun 26 08:47:32 CEST 2017

![][1]

Manjaro Gellivara was a great release! Now we are proud to announce **v17.0.2**, which fixes a lot of issues we had with our original release of Gellivara. It took us almost three months to finish this updated version. We improved our **hardware detection**, renewed our **installer** (Calamares), added the latest packages available to our install medias and polished our release as a whole. Everyone, who used older install medias than this release, should read also [this announcement about password weakness][2] and follow its advice to secure your systems.

Features of this updated release **Gellivara**:

  * Latest LTS kernel from linux49 series
  * Latest Xorg-Stack from v1.19 series
  * Latest Plasma5, Apps and Framework and QT
  * Updates to our graphical package managers
  * Enhancements and Improvements to our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
  * MHWD adopted a more efficient way to handle libglx binaries
  * Updated and new designed themes and styles
  * Updates on Calamares (see [changelog][3])

We hope you enjoy this release and let us know what you think of Gellivara.

kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

**Links**

  * [Download Manjaro v17.0.2][4]
  * [Talk about this release in our forum][5]
  * [We are always happy for some support via a small donation][6]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/xfce-170.png
   [2]: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/manjaro-installers-password-weakness/26322/
   [3]: https://github.com/manjaro/calamares/releases/tag/v3.1.1
   [4]: https://manjaro.org/get-manjaro/