[manjaro-general] MATE v1.14 for Manjaro Linux released!
jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun May 22 02:00:00 CEST 2016
The MATE Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. After a little struggle we decided to maintain MATE on our own, since Archlinux has no active maintainer anymore for this destkop environment.
The headline changes in MATE 1.14 are:
* Improved GTK+3 support across the entire MATE Desktop.
* Full GTK 3.20 support in all MATE themes.
* Client Side Decorated applications render correctly in all themes.
* Completely ported MATE System Monitor and Mozo to GTK+3 only (we ship v1.12 for gtk2 branch).
* Touchpad configuration now supports edge and two-finger scrolling independently.
* Python extensions in Caja can now be managed separately.
* All three window focus modes are selectable.
* MATE Panel now has the ability to change icon sizes for menubar and menu items.
* MATE NetSpeed Applet has been merged into the MATE Applets package.
* MATE Terminal support VTE 2.91 API when built for GTK+3.
* Volume and Brightness OSD can now be enabled/disabled.
* Translations are updated.
Additionally we created a Manjaro live-media you can use to test this new version of MATE without messing with your current installation. We used the **unstable** branch for creating these ISO-images. Report back any issues you may find with this release.
kind regards, Philip Müller, and the Manjaro development team
* * *
* [Forum post]
* [Download here]
More information about the manjaro-general