[manjaro-general] Manjaro Lxqt Dark 16.04 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Apr 30 02:00:00 CEST 2016

The team **Manjaro LXQt** is pleased to announce the **Manjaro Lxqt Dark 16.04 Edition** as a follow-up to the [Manjaro Lxqt Edition 16.04][1], complete and ready to use for all typical everyday office- and multimedia-needs.

![][2]

This variation uses the new dark style **Kwantum** to reduce eyestrain and was built with the latest **Manjaro-tools** and packages of the **stable Manjaro repositories**.

  * **kernel 4.4.8 LTS**, Manjaro-settings-manager, sddm, **plymouth**, octopi, compton, **plank**, redshift
  * pcmanfm-qt, gimp, lximage-qt
  * **firefox**, hexchat, transmission-qt
  * abiword, qpdfview, gnumeric(64), **juffed** (advanced text editor)
  * mpv, smplayer(mpv based), **clementine** qt5. 32bit -> qastools, 64bit -> pulseaudio and pavucontrol
  * gparted, qisousb, lxtask, xsensors
  * multilib enabled (64bit)
  * **ffmpegthumbnailer** (for video preview)
  * capture tool + key Print Screen configured for taking screenshots (also with Alt or Shift)
  * **xscreensaver** (64bit) or i3lock (32bit)
  * proprietary drivers (64bit)

This release comes with our advanced graphical installer **Calamares** as well as our **CLI-installer**.

**Note:**
These applications are pre-installed but not enabled by default: plank, redshift, qlipper, xscreensaver

## Links

  * [Download][3]
  * [Forum Post][4]

   [1]: http://manjaro.github.io/Manjaro-Lxqt-16.04-released/