[manjaro-general] Manjaro Lxde 16.03 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Mar 23 01:00:00 CET 2016

The Manjaro Community is proud to present our new **Lxde Edition**.
Manjaro-Lxde aims to be light, fast and resource friendly, yet at the same time complete and ready to use for all typical everyday office- and multimedia-needs.

![][1]

**New features and enhancements**

  * kernel **4.4.5-1 LTS**, Manjaro Settings Manager, lxdm
  * new very complete icon set **Lila_HD**
  * mtpaint (32bit) or gimp (64bit), gpicview
  * hexchat, **palemoon**, sylpheed, transmission
  * **abiword**, qpdfview, gnumeric (64bit)
  * **pulseaudio**, pavucontrol, lxmusic, qmmp, mpv, smplayer,
  * **pamac**, lxdm configurator, **pcmanfm**, gparted, xsensors, lxtask, qisousb
  * network-manager, **AUR support**

This release comes with our advanced graphical installer **Calamares** as well as our CLI-installer. **Stable branch** was used to create the install media. The 32bit ISO has CD-size, the 64bit version has multilib enabled. **At least 300MB are needed for installation with Calamares.**

kind regards, Esclapion, Maintainer Manjaro Lxde/Lxqt

* * *

## Links

  * [Download here][2]
  * [Forum Post][3]