[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2016-02-02 (stable)

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Tue Feb 2 01:00:00 CET 2016

I’m happy to announce our **sixth update** of Manjaro 15.12 (Capella)!

Firefox 44.0 is out now. Also Pale-Moon 26.0 Plasma 5.5.4 and VirtualBox 5.0.14 hit our repositories. Additionally we updated python, haskell, spl/zfs, lightdm, deepin and fixed an issue with our new notification improvement for pamac.

The internet was full with the Zero-Day linux kernel vulnerability CVE-2016-0728. We already had patched our default Bellatrix and Capella kernel. With this, all our kernels are now patched against this vulnerability. Also we have added 4.5 kernel series to our repositiories for early testing. Our graphical installer Calamares is now in its seventh beta release.

Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Sun Jan 31 11:13:35 CET 2016.

It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our [mailing list][1].

Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.

Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

##Current supported kernels

  * Linux310 3.10.96
  * Linux312 3.12.53
  * Linux313 3.13.11.33
  * Linux314 3.14.60
  * Linux316 3.16.7.23
  * Linux318 3.18.26
  * Linux319 3.19.8.13
  * Linux41 4.1.16
  * Linux42 4.2.8.2
  * Linux43 4.3.4
  * Linux44 4.4.0
  * Linux45 4.5-rc1

* * *

##Package changes

  * community i686: 416 new and 397 removed package(s)
  * community x86_64: 417 new and 399 removed package(s)
  * core i686: 25 new and 21 removed package(s)
  * core x86_64: 25 new and 21 removed package(s)
  * extra i686: 362 new and 342 removed package(s)
  * extra x86_64: 362 new and 342 removed package(s)
  * multilib x86_64: 19 new and 6 removed package(s)

* * *

##Links

  * [Talk about this update][2]
  * [Changelog][3]