[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2015-12-29 (stable)

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Tue Dec 29 01:00:00 CET 2015

We are happy to announce our **first update** for Manjaro 15.12 (Capella)!

This updates Plasma5 to 5.5.2, dbus to 1.10.6, thunderbird to 38.5, the kernel to 4.4-rc7, mesa to 11.1.0 and fixes to our GTK Maia theme. Also we updated several python and haskell packages, renewed wine and optimized some deepin settings.

Finally we can also present Budgie v10.1 to you. Version 10 is a complete and utter rewrite of the Budgie Desktop from the ground up. For best results, we recommend using the Arc themes with Budgie.

![][1]

There’s way too much to cover, but long story short:

  * Removed epic amounts of derp
  * Support multiple monitors (follow primary)
  * Proper HiDPI support
  * All settings now handled in Raven
  * Raven is our new Notification Center. In future this will support custom applets
  * Open That Guy ^ with Win+N or the tray
  * Support multiple panels
  * Keyboard layout properly supported (switching too!)
  * Budgie Session dropped in favour of gnome-session integration
  * Everything is a shit ton faster and less derpy..
  * Over 400 commits in the making…
  * All old Budgie settings ignored as it was completely full of derp, sorry!
  * Support for applets in multiple languages via Peas. Woo.

Archlinux upstream fixes are now from: Mon Dec 28 09:31:24 CET 2015.

It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our [mailing list][2].

Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.

Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

## Current supported kernels

  * Linux310 3.10.94
  * Linux312 3.12.51
  * Linux313 3.13.11.32
  * Linux314 3.14.58
  * Linux316 3.16.7.21
  * Linux318 3.18.25
  * Linux319 3.19.8.12
  * Linux41 4.1.15
  * Linux42 4.2.8
  * Linux43 4.3.3
  * Linux44 4.4-rc7

* * *

## Package changes

  * community i686: 197 new and 177 removed package(s)
  * community x86_64: 203 new and 183 removed package(s)
  * core i686: 11 new and 11 removed package(s)
  * core x86_64: 11 new and 11 removed package(s)
  * extra i686: 209 new and 205 removed package(s)
  * extra x86_64: 209 new and 205 removed package(s)
  * multilib x86_64: 10 new and 11 removed package(s)

* * *

## Links

  * [Talk about this update][3]
  * [Changelog][4]