[manjaro-general] How to verify hard drive with Linux Manjaro?

bill . billwx at live.com
Tue Dec 15 13:08:49 CET 2015

Hi all...
A little help if you please. I want to sell a couple used desktop hard drives at auction. I have an external usb 2.0 case by which i connected them to my laptop with the latest Manjaro xfce and formatted with 'mkdosfs.' Is there another command i can use from terminal to check for bad sectors and that sort of thing? Or do i need a program for this operation? Advice or references much appreciated!
peace
-bill