[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2015-09-27 (stable)

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Sep 27 02:00:00 CEST 2015

I’m happy to announce Manjaro 15.09 (Bellatrix)!

Since June we are working on this release. First thing you will notice, this release was not tagged 0.9.0 as we would have normal done. Well, we had a discussion with all developers and decided to go for date tags from now on.

Also new is: we ship with Calamares as an alternative graphical installer. It is now stable enough to be used on productive systems. You can still use Thus. Also our terminal installer got some small improvements. So stay tuned for the fresh ISO image hit the net …

With this we updated Firefox to 41 series, pulseaudio to 7.0, linux313 to 3.13.11.27, linux319 to 3.19.8.7, added some dbus fixes, adjusted Mate in regard of polkit, plus fixed some issues in our tools.

Also we ship the usual Archlinux upstream fixes (Sun Sep 27 09:24:04 CEST 2015)

It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our stable branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our [mailing list][1].

Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.

Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

## Current supported kernels

  * Linux310 3.10.89
  * Linux312 3.12.48
  * Linux313 3.13.11.27
  * Linux314 3.14.53
  * Linux316 3.16.7.17
  * Linux318 3.18.21
  * Linux319 3.19.8.7
  * Linux41 4.1.8
  * Linux42 4.2.1 `(not recommended for catalyst)`
  * Linux43 4.3-rc2 `(not recommended for general usage)`

* * *

## Package changes

  * community i686: 147 new and 139 removed package(s)
  * community x86_64: 149 new and 139 removed package(s)
  * core i686: 11 new and 9 removed package(s)
  * core x86_64: 11 new and 9 removed package(s)
  * extra i686: 154 new and 155 removed package(s)
  * extra x86_64: 155 new and 156 removed package(s)
  * multilib x86_64: 2 new and 2 removed package(s)

* * *

## Links

  * [Talk about this update][2]
  * [Changelog][3]