[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2015-09-20 (stable)
jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Sep 20 02:00:00 CEST 2015
I’m happy to announce another review cycle for Manjaro 15.09.
It is time for our **third release candidate** of Manjaro 15.09. Only small adjustments were made. Most of our kernels got updated: 3.10.88, 3.12.48, 3.14.52, 4.1.7. We also added **kernel 4.3-rc1** for early testing. However not all extramodules built for that kernel series yet. Octopi 0.7.2 got some needed fixes to improve its usablility.
Calamares is now at 1.1.3, which will be the last point-release of that series and we updated manjaro-tools to reflect our latest bugfixes and changes regarding EFI support. **Catalyst** is now at **15.201.1151**, which brings lot of fixes for games, VirtualBox got bumped to 5.0.4 and we have a lot of packages rebuilt against ncurses 6.0. Also we ship the usual Archlinux upstream fixes (Sun Sep 20 10:18:20 CEST 2015).
It is always good to check for updated packages, even we don’t notify you about them. As usual people using our testing branch will help us to get snaps over to our stable branch almost smoothly. For notifications on daily bases please take a look at our [mailing list].
Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.
Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
* * *
## Current supported kernels
* Linux310 3.10.88
* Linux312 3.12.48
* Linux313 22.214.171.124
* Linux314 3.14.52
* Linux316 126.96.36.199
* Linux318 3.18.21
* Linux319 188.8.131.52
* Linux41 4.1.7
* Linux42 4.2.0 `(not recommended for catalyst)`
* Linux43 4.3-rc1 `(not recommended for general usage)`
* * *
## Package changes
* community i686: 420 new and 395 removed package(s)
* community x86_64: 420 new and 395 removed package(s)
* core i686: 35 new and 33 removed package(s)
* core x86_64: 35 new and 33 removed package(s)
* extra i686: 222 new and 208 removed package(s)
* extra x86_64: 223 new and 208 removed package(s)
* multilib x86_64: 7 new and 7 removed package(s)
* * *
* [Talk about this update]
More information about the manjaro-general