[manjaro-general] Manjaro-Mate 15.09 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Sep 12 02:00:00 CEST 2015

![][1]

The Manjaro Community is proud to present our new Mate Edition. Manjaro-Mate aims to be light, fast and resource friendly, yet at the same time complete and ready to use for all typical everyday office- and multimedia-needs. The applications are easily accessible from the traditional Gnome 2 menu. This edition features the current Mate 1.10 as well as a beautiful new wallpaper.

New features and enhancements:

  * Kernel 4.1
  * Pamac
  * Manjaro Settings Manager
  * Caja
  * Mate Terminal
  * Firefox
  * Thunderbird
  * Hexchat
  * Libre Office
  * Pluma
  * Pragha
  * Eye of Mate
  * Pulseaudio, VLC media-player
  * Gcalculator
  * Gparted
  * Manjaro Printer
  * Mate System Monitor
  * Npapi-VLC
  * A rich selection of icons and themes
  * Traditional Gnome 2 Menu
  * yaourt, base-devel
  * no flashplayer installed. In that place came npapi-vlc.

As usual, this release comes with our advanced graphical installer Thus as well as our CLI-installer. Default kernel is linux41. Stable branch was used to create these install medias. Please give us feedback and report any issues with this release.

kind regards Ringo, Maintainer Manjaro-Mate

* * *

## Links

  * [Forum post][2]
  * [Download here][3]