[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2015-05-08 (stable)

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Fri May 8 02:00:00 CEST 2015

We are happy to announce our **eight** update for Manjaro 0.8.12.

This time we rebuild all our kernels and added MMC support to them. This way now you can install Manjaro also on your SD-Cards. Currently with our [0.8.13 dev-build][1] this is already possible. Also we moved to a new initramfs/vmlinuz format. All our kernels are now in correct order in grub menu. Syslinux users have to adopt to this new format.

It took us a little longer to sort out almost all issues we have with kde-apps 15.04.0. Those criticals are solved. Post all others you might find. Withit also calligra, libreoffice and other packages got updated.

With Octopi 0.7 we have now followed new features:

  * Major speed fix, which means faster package list building and faster package filtering
  * Re enabled Pacaur support
  * Setup dialog added to notifier! It’s now possible to “set interval” for package checking
  * New AUR tool button located at toolbar! That means there’s no more fake “Yaourt” or “Pacaur” package groups
  * New tool added: “SysInfo”! Now users can gist their system info to the internet (“gist” package is needed)
  * Package list column sizes are now saved
  * No more horizontal scroll bar in AUR mode

As regular, this update includes also regular Archlinux upstream fixes (Sat May 2 10:15:54 CEST 2015).

Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.

Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

## Current supported kernels

  * Linux310 3.10.76
  * Linux312 3.12.41
  * Linux313 3.13.11.19
  * Linux314 3.14.40
  * Linux316 3.16.7.10
  * Linux318 3.18.12
  * Linux319 3.19.6
  * Linux40 4.0.1

* * *

## Package changes

  * community i686: 338 new and 328 removed package(s)
  * community x86_64: 344 new and 334 removed package(s)
  * core i686: 36 new and 36 removed package(s)
  * core x86_64: 36 new and 36 removed package(s)
  * extra i686: 808 new and 810 removed package(s)
  * extra x86_64: 808 new and 810 removed package(s)
  * multilib x86_64: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)

* * *

## Links

  * [Talk about this update][2]
  * [Changelog][3]