[manjaro-general] Manjaro Update 2015-05-08 (stable)
jonathon at manjaro.org
Fri May 8 02:00:00 CEST 2015
We are happy to announce our **eight** update for Manjaro 0.8.12.
This time we rebuild all our kernels and added MMC support to them. This way now you can install Manjaro also on your SD-Cards. Currently with our [0.8.13 dev-build] this is already possible. Also we moved to a new initramfs/vmlinuz format. All our kernels are now in correct order in grub menu. Syslinux users have to adopt to this new format.
It took us a little longer to sort out almost all issues we have with kde-apps 15.04.0. Those criticals are solved. Post all others you might find. Withit also calligra, libreoffice and other packages got updated.
With Octopi 0.7 we have now followed new features:
* Major speed fix, which means faster package list building and faster package filtering
* Re enabled Pacaur support
* Setup dialog added to notifier! It’s now possible to “set interval” for package checking
* New AUR tool button located at toolbar! That means there’s no more fake “Yaourt” or “Pacaur” package groups
* New tool added: “SysInfo”! Now users can gist their system info to the internet (“gist” package is needed)
* Package list column sizes are now saved
* No more horizontal scroll bar in AUR mode
As regular, this update includes also regular Archlinux upstream fixes (Sat May 2 10:15:54 CEST 2015).
Please give us feedback and report any findings with this update.
Kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
* * *
## Current supported kernels
* Linux310 3.10.76
* Linux312 3.12.41
* Linux313 188.8.131.52
* Linux314 3.14.40
* Linux316 184.108.40.206
* Linux318 3.18.12
* Linux319 3.19.6
* Linux40 4.0.1
* * *
## Package changes
* community i686: 338 new and 328 removed package(s)
* community x86_64: 344 new and 334 removed package(s)
* core i686: 36 new and 36 removed package(s)
* core x86_64: 36 new and 36 removed package(s)
* extra i686: 808 new and 810 removed package(s)
* extra x86_64: 808 new and 810 removed package(s)
* multilib x86_64: 13 new and 13 removed package(s)
* * *
* [Talk about this update]
More information about the manjaro-general