[manjaro-general] software update halts again...

bill . tvulture at outlook.com
Wed Jan 28 05:08:21 CET 2015

Many thanks gentlemen!

Using a combination of your ideas i cleared the cache and applied the updated instructions from terminal. I now have an up-to-date 0.8.12 system! So pleased.

For the sake of learning, i am curious as to what went wrong in the first place, how did we fix it, and will it happen again? Seems the package manager was outdated and/or a downloaded file got mangled, and the whole thing had to be deleted in order to start over? In the past i would have reinstalled the os, sometimes multiple times, until i got what i needed. Nowadays i want to really learn some linux, and unfortunately, that must include what to do when things go awry.
peace
-bill